The doors with frosted glass arrived today. Also here is a view of the over the peninsula light.
Seeing all of this come together, it’s looking even better than I thought it would. I will say it is taking a bit of a toll on Scott and I. We’re both tired of the condo being in shambles and we just want the place back to normal as soon as possible. Unfortunately that looks like it will be another week or two. The outstanding items we have are:
- Countertop installation – delayed after having to pick three different colours. The one we picked is commonly available. It’s not as dark as we wanted, but it will work well.
- Backsplash installation – delayed because of the counter.
- Plumbing – Dishwasher, fridge – delayed due to the counter.
- Replacement of the Magic Corner – The unit ordered was too big for the cabinet. A new door and an adjustment to the cabinet will need to be made.
- Replacement of one of the peninsula doors – The varnish is peeling off it, being replaced under warranty.
Not too much, but that counter top is key. It will probably be in by next Thursday. Possibly sooner if things really go well.