So, Samsung, Elite Appliances came out today. Apparently the technician was a good guy and there were no complaints from my partner about the technician.
However, given the detail that was given to Samsung about what was going on, and after talking to Elite Appliances to confirm the appointment, it had been suggested that the technician would more than likely have the part to replace.
However that didn’t happen. We were told that it would take 2 to 5 days to get a new part in, that is a commonly failing part for a washing machine, that often needs this part replaced within 3 years. I’d expect you to have the front gasket available given how easy it can tear, etc…
Now that said, I do have to give you kudos. Calling us before to remind us that our appointment was today and to call Elite if there were any issues. We also liked the fact you did a follow up call after the appointment asking if everything was fixed to our satisfaction. Scott let you know how displeased we were at the fact that
- it’s now a week since the new washer and dryer arrived,
- it’s been 6 days since the issue was found, and we did do a bunch of testing to make sure that it wasn’t user error,
- 4 or 5 days since we submitted a call to Samsung for repair,
- and I’m going to assume it’s going to take another 5 days to get the part,
- add 2 days for Saturday and Sunday, and that part is not going to ship on a weekend…
- almost two weeks without the washer.
My partner is an RMT and needs the washing machine to work for his work supplies. And as Scott reminded you, almost all of our appliances are Samsung. Like we said, we like you guys and hope it’s just a blip in our relationship with you.