Yesterday my dealer told me that we have a VIN and passed it over to me.
The VIN is quite a powerful number right now because this allows me to track the creation of our new car. Sadly, BMW Canada nor MINI have a site I can login to to track this, like BMW in the US does.
That does’t mean having the VIN is for naught, for I can go to bimmer.work, enter the last 7 digits of my VIN and find all out kinds of stuff about my car, such as:
- It is indeed a left hand drive
- 5 doors
- It’ll have a B36M engine in it
- Manual transmission as ordered
- It is in Electric Blue (B86)
- We don’t know the Production Plant or Production Date yet, but I am pretty sure it will be Plant Oxford.
The site also confirms all of the standard equipment and options that we selected with the vehicle.